Monday, June 18, 2012

Remind Me Never To...

1. Order anything from a company whose website is broken- ever again!! I tried to order 50 ft of AWG 4 ground wire from Hutton Communications a few hours ago. The website gave me two error messages and then the order finally went through, but then I got a receipt claiming I had been charged triple the price on the website, and that the item was on backorder until July. I am very unhappy about this. I called them and left a message; hopefully they'll get back to me.
2. Wait until 2 weeks before departure to do final calculations and nail down what the system is going to look like-complete with cables and lengths, sketches, antenna mount designs, testing methods. A week is too short to get a whole bunch of equipment without rush order, especially from companies with broken websites (!!!). And then we'll have to be testing in the final week. Too short.
3. Go 5 days without making a new sketch of what the system will look like. A month before deploy, this should shorten to 3 days.
4. Eat only mozzarella sticks for dinner. Or thick-crusted pesto pizza- there's really too much bread there.
5. Have trouble sleeping

AARRGGHHHGHHHHHHGGRRRRLL
*Angst Angst*
Okay, I'm done.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment